In today’s modern era, we all desire to have the perfect esthetics. No matter what they say, the first impression you make definitely counts. Every individual strives hard to look good. After all, looking good makes you feel good on the inside. This is a very important aspect of self-confidence, giving you a boost like no other. When it comes to physical appearance, many individuals, including us at Anna Esthetics believe that the first thing you notice is a person’s smile, and most of the time the first thing that you have to try is a wisdom teeth Boise treatment.
So what exactly makes a smile look good? Healthy white shining teeth are your answer. Achieving a beautiful bright smile in the glistening city of Tampa has never been easier with the introduction of Zoom teeth whitening. Let’s take an in-depth look at what Zoom technology is and how it can bring back that confidence in your smile.
What is Zoom Teeth Whitening?
Zoom Teeth Whitening is a tooth bleaching process used to enhance and lighten the color of your teeth. It is a popular procedure used commonly in the country and throughout the world. It can reduce discoloration present in enamel and dentin, giving you a brighter and more confident smile.
The procedure works by the following mechanism:
The Evaluation: We suggest going for a cleaning procedure, before the actual bleaching process begins. This is to attain the best outcome in the long run.
Tooth Bleaching: The procedure makes use of the tooth bleaching gel form – Hydrogen Peroxide.
Gel Application: The Hydrogen peroxide gel is applied on the surface of teeth in a fixed amount for 15 minutes, while the light is activated. Your lips and gums are protected when doing so.
Zoom Light Application: The technician then applies Zoom light, which comes in the form of an advanced power side lamp. The teeth bleach and Zoom light combination work to penetrate deep into your tooth surfaces. It is then able to break up discolorations and surface stains on your teeth.
Sessions Requirement: Two 15 minute sessions are carried out with gel application and light activations. This totals out to be a 45 minute session. The patient can relax, listen to soothing music or watch TV during this time. The procedure takes about an hour to brighten up your smile.
Why Did My Teeth Change Color?
A very common question among the masses is why teeth undergo discoloration. There are several reasons as to why this happens.
- Consumption of Drinks with Caffeine: Tea, coffee
- Drinking of alcoholic beverages: Red wine
- Foods containing artificial colorings
- Substances with nicotine: Cigarettes, pipes, cigars. Tar and nicotine (tobacco chemicals) make stubborn stains. Tar is dark by nature. Nicotine is pale until it’s merged with oxygen. After, it turns into a yellowish, surface-staining essence.
- Carbonated beverages: Sprite, Cola and others
- Aging process. Below enamel is a softer zone called denim. Over time, the outward enamel layer becomes thinner with brushing and more of the yellowish dentin shows through.
- Any sort of trauma or accident. Your tooth can alter color because it reacts to a damaged by laying down more dentin, which is a darker layer under the enamel.
- Medications were taken during childhood like tetracycline and doxycycline when their teeth are forming.
Does Teeth Whitening Work on All Teeth?
The Zoom Teeth Whitening Procedure aims to remove most stains. However, there are certain limitations of this tooth whitening procedure. This includes the following:
- Stains on the tooth surface due to trauma.
- The procedure works well on yellow teeth, less effective on brown colored teeth, and rarely shows any effect on gray colored tooth surfaces.
- Restorative tooth procedures or appliances such as crowns, bridges, veneers and fillings will not undergo the tooth bleaching process.
- Also, it must be remembered that every individual has different teeth so results of whitening vary from one person to the other, depending on the severity of stains.
Zoom Teeth Whitening FAQs
- Zoom teeth whitening is a safe and secure cosmetic procedure.
- Children under the age of 13 years are however not advised to undergo the bleaching procedure.
- Pregnant women, as well as lactating women, should also avoid this sort of whitening treatment.
- There are no major adverse effects of the bleaching process, when done by a professional, under standard conditions of protective care.
- Some individuals may complain of sensitivity during treatment. The technician may stop the procedure and continue at a later time or advise the patient to use anti-sensitivity toothpaste before the treatment. This helps to reduce the degree of sensitivity being experienced during the procedure.
- The Zoom light used for activation of the bleaching process may emit heat of a minimum amount. This can prove to be a source of discomfort for few patients
- Other rare side effects can include a minor sort of tingling, experienced after the treatment. This usually subsides on its own.
- Whitening Toothpastes. All kinds of toothpaste help eliminate surface stain through the action of mild abrasives that clean the teeth but do not modify the color of teeth.
- At-Home Bleaching Kit. Peroxide-containing whiteners actually bleach the tooth enamel. They come in a gel and are placed in a tray that fits on your teeth. The concentration of the bleaching kit is lower than the one which is used in the office and has less time effect.
With the numerous benefits being attached, the Zoom Teeth Whitening procedure is considered a cost-effective treatment for most individuals.
It should be noted that the majority of dental cosmetic procedures do not come under standard insurance policies.
Looking great and feeling great about yourself should be every individual’s self-motto in life. Having a bright white smile is an important aspect when it comes to looking and feeling confident. The Zoom Teeth Whitening procedure takes you one step closer to achieving your goals of having the perfect smile. So book your appointment today at Anna Esthetics – as we make your dream